I found another use for my thesis drafts!
I used them to make fish cutouts.
I drew some letters and poked holes in them. I fastened some rubber bands to them. So they could be hooked to our make-shift fishing rod.
For the fishing rod, I used a paintbrush with a long handle. I tied a ribbon to it and used a paperclip for a hook.
Caleb had to listen to a word that I said and hook the fish with the correct beginning sound. I also varied this by showing him picture flashcards.
Here he is busy “catching” fish. This was also great practice for fine motor skills 🙂
When we were done, he hooked all the fish onto the rod.
A simple, fun, and inexpensive learning activity 🙂
Have a great weekend everyone!