I first tried this dish at our company cafeteria. It’s one of my favorite banana blossom recipes. It has a clean and refreshing taste sprinkled with some notes of spiciness. I know it’s a salad, but it’s also yummy with hot white rice.
• 1 banana blossom (peel off the outer red layers until you reach the white layer)
• 1 red onion minced
• 1TBSP ginger julienned
• 3 pcs Green Sili sliced thinly and diagonally
• 4TBSP Sukang Pinakurat (Spicy Native Vinegar)
• 1 cup Coconut Cream
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 4 twists of freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp fish sauce
1. Wash and cut the banana blossom in half. Boil until soft.
2. When it’s soft, cut it into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and the coconut cream and mix well. Season to taste! Enjoy 😊