We’ve been watching Harry Potter and his wonderful world of magic. After watching the Chamber of Secrets movie, Teo asked me how invisible ink is made. I combed through invisible ink recipes and this one seems to be the best. So, let’s make invisible ink!
• 2 bowls
• paint brushes / cotton buds
• Paper napkins
• White paper
Mixture #1 (the invisible ink)
• 1 TBSP Baking Soda
• 1/2 cup water
Mixture #2 (the revealing mixture)
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1. In one bowl, mix the water and the baking soda.
2. In another bowl, mix the rubbing alcohol and turmeric.
You’ll have two mixtures.
3. Use the baking soda and water mixture to make secret messages or draw on the paper. Use a brush or cotton bud. Don’t make the paper too wet.
4. Let the paper dry thoroughly. We waited for about 30 minutes.
5. Use the second mixture (alcohol and turmeric) to reveal the hidden messages/drawings. There were a lot of oohs and aaahs from the boys when the drawings appeared like magic 😊