We are a family of rice eaters but we also love sandwiches! This is a quick and easy sandwich recipe that I make with staples from my pantry and herb garden. (This recipe yields two full chunky sandwiches or 4 thinly spread sandwiches.)
You will need:
• 1 can of tuna strained (you can use in oil, in brine, any tuna favorite)
• 2 shallots or small red onions chopped finely
• 1-2 tsp fresh dill chopped finely
• 1-2 tsp fresh chives chopped finely
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 2 hard boiled eggs
• 2-3 twists of freshly ground black pepper
• a twist of everyday seasoning
• your choice of bread (for this recipe I used sliced wheat bread)
• natural cheddar slices
1. Mix tuna, mayo, mustard, onions and herbs together.
2. Add in the eggs whole and fold them into the mixture. This makes for chunky eggs in the tuna mix. Season with pepper and everyday seasoning.
3. Using medium heat, melt some butter in a pan. Add in the bread to toast. Mayo also works well to toast the bread. But I prefer butter 😊 When it’s toasted, melt some more butter and flip the bread to the other side.
4. Put the tuna mix on one slice and cheese on the other. When the cheese has melted, put the slices together.