If you’re bored with Adobo and beef stew, try this creamy Parmesan Chicken and Mushrooms! This can be served with rice or pasta.
Here’s a short video on how it’s done. Click on the YouTube link below.
• 1 Kilo washed and dried chicken thigh fillets/chicken breast fillets/ chicken thighs/ 1 whole organic chicken (use a paper towel to dry or just let it drip dry)
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
•1/2 tsp Onion Salt
• 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
• 1/2 tsp dried Rosemary
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash and dry the chicken.
2. Massage the chicken with all the herbs and seasonings.
3. In a pot, heat 2 TBSPS of Olive oil using medium-high heat.
4. Sear the chicken in batches. Add more oil if your pot gets dry.
5. Set chicken aside and make the sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE:
• 2 TBSP Unsalted Butter
• 4-6 pcs Sliced Brown Mushrooms
• 1/2 head of garlic crushed/roughly chopped
• 1/2 tsp thyme
• 1/2 tsp rosemary
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 can button mushrooms sliced thinly (strain mushrooms, do not throw away mushroom juice)
• Mushroom Juice
• 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese (shredded, shaved, use whatever you have in stock)
• 1 tsp mushroom powder/ multipurpose umami seasoning blend
6. Using the same pot used for searing the chicken, melt the butter.
7. Add in the garlic, mushrooms, & herbs.
8. Sauté until fragrant.
9. Add in mushroom juice. Let it simmer.
10. Lower the heat and add in the cream.
11. Season with salt, pepper and mushroom powder.
12. Put the seared chicken back into the pot with the sauce. Cover the pot. Let it simmer for a few minutes until chicken is soft and cooked through.
13. Uncover, taste and enjoy!