I love clams! If you love clam chowder, you might like this. It’s like an Asian clam chowder only lighter and with more umami.
1k clams cleaned thoroughly
1/2 cup of Mushrooms use what you have at home (I used 1 shitake mushroom, a finger thick amount of enoki mushroom and 1 button mushroom)
1 white corn shredded (Don’t substitute sweet corn for this unless you want to end up with a sweet soup. White corn gives this soup a nice crunch and creaminess without making the soup sweet)
1 tomato diced
1 onion sliced thinly into half moon cuts
2 thin slices of ginger
1 1/3 cups of coconut milk
1/2 tsp curry
1 green sili espada (do not cut)
2 stalks of leek washed and roots removed (do not cut)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté onions and tomatoes in butter and olive oil.
2. Add in the white corn and cook until softened.
3. Add in the mushrooms. Cook until softened.
4. Add in 1/2tsp of curry powder. Mix until fragrant.
5. Add in the clams, green sili, and leeks. Stir and cover to let the clams cook and release their juices.
6. Add in coconut milk. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.