Calamari is always a good idea to get my boys to eat some seafood. Best eaten when it’s hot!
3 medium sized Squid cut up into rings
1 cup flour
1 TBSP Water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Oil for deep frying
1. Clean and wash squid well. Peel off the dark covering. Remove innards and cut up into rings. Wash the rings well making sure there aren’t any slimy bits left. It should be smooth. For the head, cut from above the eye and be careful not to get squirted with squid ink.
2. Heat oil for deep frying in wok. Use medium heat.
3. While waiting for the oil to heat up, beat 2 eggs and add 1 TBSP water. Add this to the squid. It shouldn’t be too runny.
4. In another bowl mix: flour, garlic salt, onion salt, salt and pepper.
5. Dredge the squid into the breading mixture then straight into the hot oil. Cook in batches until golden brown. Do not overcook.
6. Drain on wire rack set over a baking sheet or I like to use a cut up paper bag. DON’T USE paper towels to drain as they get the calamari soggy. Enjoy 😊
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
3 cloves garlic
A squeeze of lemon
Mix all in a food processor until smooth.