For the past 6 months, we’ve been having our Saturday date nights at home. We have dinner earlier than usual while the boys are still taking their afternoon nap. Just the two of us before the boys wake up and join us for family date night 😂
A glass of wine, some relaxing music and some fancy schmanzy food. Most of the times I order out, but sometimes I cook when I can’t order what I’m craving.
If you’re looking for something a bit fancy and super easy to make to impress your loved one, this is the perfect dish!
• 500g Fresh Squid Ink Fettuccine
• 1 cup noodle water (water used to cook fettuccine noodles)
• 1 cup washed, peeled, and deveined shrimp (TIP: I usually prep my shrimp on the day I buy them and just pack them into tiny ziplock bags – 1 cup/bag – for easy access and defrosting when I need them.)
• 5 cloves of garlic sliced thinly
• 1 small tomato diced (This can be substituted with 5 sliced cherry tomatoes. I use regular tomatoes since I don’t like cherry tomatoes.)
• 2-3 pcs of Sun Dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
• 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 TBSP Butter (I always use salted butter. If you’re using unsalted, just add more salt when you’re seasoning).
• 1 tsp Everyday Seasoning
• salt and pepper to taste
• Chili flakes
• Toasted chili garlic
• shaved/shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Begin by boiling water to cook the squid ink pasta. When cooked, set aside. Keep 1-2 cups of pasta water.
2. In another pan, heat 1 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil in medium heat. Add in the butter. Once the butter is melted, add in the garlic.
3. Add in the fresh tomatoes, then the sun dried tomatoes. Cook until softened.
4. Add in the shrimp. Do not overcook the shrimp. Add in the cooked pasta before the shrimp is cooked through.
6. Add in 1 cup of pasta water.
7. Mix well. Season with salt, pepper and everyday seasoning. Cook until pasta water becomes sticky. Remove from heat.
8. Top with chili flakes, toasted garlic, and cheese. Serve immediately.